Aerial view of the Namib Desert, Namibia. This photo was captured during flying over the Walvis Bay Salt Refiners, it gives this wonderful colors. This photo is Copyrighted © Chris Schmid Photography. Feel free to use the share button but no other usage without written consent. Photo available on sale on: http://bit.ly/1l1TBBh

Aerial view of the Namib Desert, Namibia. This photo was captured during flying over the Walvis Bay Salt Refiners, it gives this wonderful colors.

This photo is Copyrighted © Chris Schmid Photography.

Feel free to use the share button but no other usage without written consent.

Photo available on sale on: http://bit.ly/1l1TBBh

All about Experience...

When I was choosing the photo of the day today, I was thinking about what experience means… So I came across this quotation from Eleanor Roosevelt. She said:

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”

I found the first lady’s aphorism powerful because, well, it’s true.

For me, that passion has always been photography and adventure. It’s easy to forget that the point of photography isn’t just about capturing amazing pictures, or landing major clients, or seeing your work on the cover of major magazines. But photography’s most vital purpose—the one Roosevelt, I believe, is referring to—is to have the experience of making photographs. To live life through the experiences had and discovered in doing what you love.

Because of photography, I’ve motivated myself out of bed before sunrise hundreds of times. I’ve been fortunate enough to have experienced some of the most amazing sunrises and sunsets, and lived some of the fullest, most rewarding days in between. But sometimes those days come without even capturing a single portfolio-worthy image. Does that diminish the experience? No!

Any day that I find myself in an amazing location, with the people I love and my camera in tow—that’s a good day. And if I can get a decent photograph, all the better.

Copyright Chris Schmid - www.schmidchris.com
Feel free to use the share button but no other usage without written consent.image

Here is the photo of the day! Here is a quick story about this image. During the wait of the Maxi Spindrift 2 arrival in San Salvador, Bahamas, I “slept” one night (only a few hours, as I was one the water or editing the photos for the arrival) at the Club Med: the only one resort on the island. As you may know, I’m not a fan of this vacations club and I largely prefer great escapes (I can’t stand more than two hours waiting on the same beach) and contact with local people if I need to travel. Who knows better its country than local people? But forget about Bahamian people in the ClubMed or even heard a bit of Creole! 90% of the persons were… French. The other 10% were Canadians! Not very exotic for travel destination… Now imagine you alone in this vacation club, everybody looking at you, thinking that you are a bit bizarre… but when I was looking at them and I’d no doubt that I largely prefer my personal view of “vacation”… This photo was made at sunset time on the beach, to tell you the true I was alone walking on the beach enjoying this fabulous sunset. Not because people were scary of me, but simply because they were dancing around the swimming pool… Anyway, I totally respect their vacation choice, everybody is different on its way to see holidays, but it just confirms that mine will never be like this…

Here is the photo of the day! Here is a quick story about this image.

During the wait of the Maxi Spindrift 2 arrival in San Salvador, Bahamas, I “slept” one night (only a few hours, as I was one the water or editing the photos for the arrival) at the Club Med: the only one resort on the island.

As you may know, I’m not a fan of this vacations club and I largely prefer great escapes (I can’t stand more than two hours waiting on the same beach) and contact with local people if I need to travel. Who knows better its country than local people? But forget about Bahamian people in the ClubMed or even heard a bit of Creole! 90% of the persons were… French. The other 10% were Canadians! Not very exotic for travel destination…

Now imagine you alone in this vacation club, everybody looking at you, thinking that you are a bit bizarre… but when I was looking at them and I’d no doubt that I largely prefer my personal view of “vacation”…

This photo was made at sunset time on the beach, to tell you the true I was alone walking on the beach enjoying this fabulous sunset. Not because people were scary of me, but simply because they were dancing around the swimming pool…

Anyway, I totally respect their vacation choice, everybody is different on its way to see holidays, but it just confirms that mine will never be like this…

#thankyou for choosing my work as a winning image in the #nature #category. #awards #kontinentawaeds #photography #photoawards #wildlife

#thankyou for choosing my work as a winning image in the #nature #category. #awards #kontinentawaeds #photography #photoawards #wildlife